Install Kodi on Windows
Windows Laptop and PC Information
• If you are having difficulty completing the installation, ensure any antivirus software like Avast and a VPN (if used) is turned off.
Installation Method for Windows – Latest version is Kodi 18.0
- Open your Web browser and go to Kodi’s official website: https://kodi.tv/download
- Once you open the Downloads page, scroll down until you see the logo of your operating system. You’ll recognize the Windows logo. Click on it;
- A new pop-up will appear. To download Kodi’s EXE file, click on the button that says ‘Installer (32BIT)’. This button should be next to ‘Release’ – which is the latest official release of Kodi;
- Wait until you download Kodi’s installer to your PC. It comes at around 80mb, so it might take a while if you have a slow Internet connection;
- After the file has been downloaded, locate it. In most cases, the file will be placed on your Desktop. If you can’t find it there, it might be located in the Downloads folder that you can access via Windows Explorer. Once you find it, double-click on this file;
- Kodi’s installation wizard should now appear. Feel free to click on ‘Next’ a couple of times until Kodi begins to install. Wait until this process is done.
That’s it! You have used Kodi’s EXE file to install Kodi 17.6 on Windows. You will be able to access Kodi from your Desktop, where you’ll find its shortcut.
How to restore Kodi/Clear Data on a Windows Device
• Close Kodi on your Windows device
• Open your Start menu and type the following exactly: %AppData%
• You need the percentage symbols wrapped around it. Once you’ve typed that into your search bar, hit Enter. This should bring you to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming.
• Look inside for a folder called ‘Kodi’. Delete the entire folder.
• Open Kodi again, and it should have reset to the default settings.